Saturday, September 12, 2009

We love Saturdays!

Hello everyone! We have had a nice Saturday of watching college football and relaxing. We are all still trying to get well and have sore throats, so we've been lounging and sleeping quite a bit. Paul did manage to cut the grass today, it really needed it. Jacob and I played inside all day and I did 5 loads of laundry and picked up the house while he was napping this afternoon. I also got a closet and my desk cleaned out. I have to take advantage of the quiet moments I have to be productive. I think tomorrow I'll likely just take a nap when he does, I need to sleep. =) Shocker of all shockers we cooked in today for all 3 meals....no takeout and no restaurants, I know...its a miracle! LOL It was fun to be home, I guess that's a sign that we're getting old....since going out on the town is not as exciting anymore. Unfortunately I missed Kari's tupperware party today (sorry Kari....) and Sunday we're missing football with J and Cas...bummer....but hopefully we can see you all soon when we're feeling better. I have a girls night out planned this Thursday, so I look forward to that. Paul is still working, with no projected weeks off work in the near future so that is nice. Now, if we can just make it through the Oct. 5th pay reductions and the following layoffs....we'll be good. My work is going well...just really busy and lots to learn. We are getting new scheduling software, Primavera in October so we'll be testing and learning that very soon....along with learning earned value, CPI and SPI and all that fun stuff.  Say  prayers for me....I have been stretched really thin lately with trying to be 100% Mom, good employee, wife, daughter, friend and just doing all I have to do in a given day. It is really challenging but SO worth it. It has been hard for me to leave Jacob in daycare but he's really liking it and adjusting so fast...so that makes it easier as time goes on...if I know he's happy then I'm happy and feel better about being at work and leaving him there. I have posted a pic of him from last Friday (9/11/09) on his way to school. He's growing so fast, already 8 months old!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment